Saturday 3 February 2018

Mundesley Cliffs and Allotment

On Thursday morning before the forecast rain Agnes and I headed to Walcott for a walk on the beach, however the tide was quite high so I continued onto Mundesley Holiday camp in the hope of adding Glaucous Gull to the patch list. Walking west towards the village I soon located the juv. Glaucous Gull on the groyne post, level with the sea front. We walked as far as the donkey paddock above the lifeboat station, before walking back. A few Red-throated Diver flew off shore, along with a couple of auk sp. I couldn't ID just with binoculars. The wind was blustery and biting so I decided not to walk east towards the Gas Terminal, but in the brambles near the rubbish compound a Chiffchaff was of note if little else.

Dad had discovered new diggings near his allotment, and keen to put out the camera trap again I headed up there after my walk. Getting out of the car I spotted a woodpecker in the corner of my eye and upon locating the bird it was one of the resident pair of Lesser Spotted Woodpecker that dad sees on a regular basis. A pair of Blue Tit were inspecting a nest box and seemed very aggressive towards a Great Tit also nearby.  I'm taking on an area of the allotment and hope to put some feeders up soon, and will be interested to see what birds i can lure in.

Despite a night of pouring rain on collecting the camera yesterday, I had two brief clips of a Badger popping its head out of the sett and thinking better of it, diving back in out of the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment