Wednesday 24 January 2018

Wet feet and Badgers

On Monday I popped out with Dad to set up the camera trap again, and doing so discovered the hard way I had a hole in mt Wellington boots, inherited from my Grandfather they have served us well. It was while looking for new boots in Wroxham on Tuesday, that I finally caught up with some Lesser Redpoll and also a few Siskin in the Alders by the River/Railway line.

With strong wind and rain forecast I decided to pick the camera trap up on my way home, despite it only being out overnight. I'd set the camera up not far from where a badger had triggered the trap last week, it was overlooking a possible sett, although it didn't look very active. Looking through the images again I had lots of empty clips, but increasing the sensitivity of the camera I had also caught a Blue Tit, LTT, Dunnock, Wren, Blackbird and mouse on film. Despite the heavy rain at 3am a Badger emerged from the sett in front of the camera before scuttling off, it wasn't seen again all night. 




No comments:

Post a Comment