Tuesday 9 January 2018

Hume, just a Blackbird.

After putting the Christmas decorations back in the loft for another year. Laura, Agnes and I headed to Wroxham for Sunday lunch. News of  Hume's Warbler at Waxham gave us an opportunity too see a bird I've looked for in the past but failed to see. It would also be Agnes first twitch where she was actually 'helping' me look, nows she just over 2.

Near Ingham we saw a group of 7/8 wild swans but couldn't stop. They looked pretty good to all be Bewick's, a large corvid flock was also nearby.

Arriving around 2pm I was soon told the bird was elusive and moving along about 500m of dunes, however no one seemed to be moving far from the spot it had last been seen 2 hours previous. Agnes was annoyed I'd not brought her binoculars and wanted mine, i also heard a few tuts when upon seeing a Blackbird she correctly shouted out 'Blackbird'. Laura took her for a walk West thinking i might get linched while I left the small group (after seeing only a Robin and said Blackbird in over 15 minutes) and went East. Not far along I soon found a tit flock and got very exited when a small warbler appeared with the LTTs but alass it was a Goldcrest. After a good scan through the flock I meet the girls again and decided having spent an hour in the cold blustery wind do head home.

Driving back via Horsey and Martham we found a large flock of Mute Swan but also a second wild swan flock, mainly Whooper but also 2/3 Bewick's.

No comments:

Post a Comment