Sunday 9 April 2017

Sunday stroll

Last Sunday I visited Sheringham Park for the second time in a week as we meet friend staying nearby before having lunch. Being overcast it was much quitter both in terms of birds and butterflies. But I did get some really nice views of a Firecrest by the main path. During the week I saw my dirt Orange tip of the year and a Red kite over while at dad's allotment.

Today being my only day off this week I planned to continue with making a playhouse for my daughter at home. We did make time for a short walk at Walcott where 2 Sandwich Tern and a Little Tern briefly alighted on the groyne before continuing West.  2 Meadow Pipit appeared to come in off the sea, a White Wagtail was nearby and offshore a Skua was mobbing 2 further Sandwich Tern but with only binoculars it was most like an Arctic Skua. The Kentish Plover would have been nice to see but being mid afternoon, Easter holidays and in Great Yarmouth I decided just to get the paint brush out! A good decision it turns out as the bird disappeared for a number of hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment