Tuesday 28 March 2017

Mothering Sunday Weekend

On Saturday I met mum and dad for an early mothers day lunch in Bacton and then had a sunny jaunt along the river at Ebridge.  Not a lot was along the river but 2 Red Kite circled overhead with two Common Buzzard. My first Red Kite of the year. Numerous Chiffchaff called along with a vocal Yellowhammer.

On Sunday Laura, Agnes and I had a picnic in Sheringham Park, somewhere I haven't visited since a child. Near the information center I spotted a female Brambling the only bird of note. The common birds were numerous in their song and while atop the Gazebo watch tower a Nuthatch called within a few feet at eye level. But was too quick for a photo. I also saw my first butterflies of the year two Brimstone and a Small Tortoiseshell.

Moving onto Salthouse to feed the ducks I scanned the marshes for early migrants without luck but driving on towards Cley a Swallow was on the wires another first for the year.


No comments:

Post a Comment