Monday 13 March 2017

Sunny Morning Patch

After having her breakfast Agnes and I went for our first ever patch walk together, with her on my back we saw quite a bit in just a short walk. We walked from home around the quiet lanes behind the house. By the railway paddock we saw 6 fieldfare, 2 mistle thrush and a song thrush. We also heard the first of at least 5 singing chiffchaff. Not far away I saw my first yellowhammer of the year, blasting out a tune atop a tree and a large flock of c.50 linnet. We didn't walk beyond the hump back bridge but from this view point we watched a otter in the river, the pair of little grebe that bred last year had returned, a pair of bullfinch were nice to see and I heard my first willow warbler of the year. Back at home 4 buzzard circled above the house before drifting West.

No comments:

Post a Comment