Tuesday 13 November 2012

The UEA and Back Again

With Laura working again and a few days off work, for the first time in months i found myself with some free time. Yesterday's drizzle kept me in, but today i ventured out to the UEA a walk i haven't done in ages. Walking down to Eaton, i picked up a large tit flock on Unthank Road but the best bird was a Coal Tit (but there's 3 in the Garden), by the bridge at Cringleford i found a nice looking Grey Wagtail, and a Marsh Tit nearby. Walking the River towards the Uni a Kingfisher whizzed through, 2 Little Grebe bobbed about and 3 Grey Heron dotted the route. I also saw my first Otter on this stretch of the river and a stoat ran across the path. Disappointingly no Green Woodpecker or Mistle Thrush were on the paddocks and the feeders by the greenhouses have gone. A small flock of Siskin was my first group of the winter by the east end of The Broad. The Broad itself was devoid of waterfowl, a single Great Crested Grebe, 3 Cormorant and c15 Common Gull (not even a Mallard) were all i could see. Walking the woods and playing field i failed to add much else, but there's still quite a bit of interesting fungi around. Below is what i think is Blistered Cup growing on a heap of old hay bales the dumping area at the back of the playing field (James correct me if I'm wrong). Walking back via Colney Lane and Cringleford, i had a flock of c45 Redwing fly over, and completed my loop seeing the Grey Wagtail again.

No comments:

Post a Comment