Monday 22 April 2019

Pre Easter catch up

With an early warm spell encouraging some wintering birds to leave early. I found very little to head out for in March instead getting some other jobs out of the way.

8th March - Cley / Kelling Heath

It's been a while since dad and I have managed to go out birding together so it was nice to head out to Cley. We walked out along East Bank I finally added Avocet to the year list but also adding Barnacle Goose, Green Sandpiper and Ruff. Bearded Tit pinged in the reeds and a small number of Pink-feet remained. After a cuppa in the visitor centre we had a wander around Kelling Heath, little was about however with Linnet the dominant birds.

14th March - Walcott / Mundesley

Driving though Walcott a white-winged gull flew over the road, and an Iceland Gull was then found loafing in a nearby field. The planned walk at Mundesley followed adding Kittiwake and Fulmar to my lists. Still early for migrants I had to be content with a few fossils from the beach. Taking Agnes to nursery on 24th March I had to pull over in Antingham after spotting a male Black Redstart on a farm building roof. Returning after drop off however I couldn't relocate the bird.

4th April - Paston

My first spring visit to the cliff top at Paston was a rather quiet. With a few now infarmous Sand Martin drifting along from Bacton joined by 2 House Martin. Every bush appeared to have it's own Linnet which at times was rather frustrating as nothing rarer was around.

6th April - Home

Pulling into my road my eye was drawn to a Gull that flew up from the road in front of me. On the roof of the factory was a Yellow-legged Gull with 2 Lesser Black-backs and a Herring Gull. As an added bonus from the bedroom window the YLG made it onto the garden list.

No comments:

Post a Comment