Thursday 30 January 2014

KFC Waxwings

Finger Lickin' Good. News of the near annual return of a small flock of Waxwings behind KFC on Dereham Road meant a detoured to my normal route to work. The four birds present seemed quite flightly circling around and only ever settling for a few minutes at a time. I couldn't stay long and as it was still early and the light poor i didn't even try for any photos. The January 'Foot It' challange is coming to an end, so yesterday (29th) I headed out early to try and add to my total of 63 species clocked up after 3 outings. I headed out towards Pigny's Wood hoping to pick up a owl in the early light. No Owls but a Woodcock along the old railway line, a fligh over Great Black-backed Gull and a Reed Bunting took me over my target of 65 species within a 2 mile radius of the house. 66 species wasn't a bad tally from only 4 outings but it could have been so many more, next year i think i'll aim for 75. Red-legged Partridge, Barn Owl, Pied Wagtail, Green Woodpecker and Kingfisher just 5 species i know should be acheivable.

No comments:

Post a Comment